Saturday, May 20, 2017

I really do love myself, y'know?

I realized that a lot of people always misunderstand my Facebook posts - be it a comment or caption, or a status update. 

I think a lot of people - mostly non-Gen Ys - misunderstand because they take things for what they are and really seriously.
But the thing is, everyone loves a self-deprecating joke. Black comedy, dark jokes, dry humour - you get it.
But no, we're not feeling bad for ourselves or whatsoever.
If you don't believe, just take a look at your social media feeds. Almost everyone is making jokes about themselves and even making up embarrassing stories about their experiences.
Simply because it's funny and very relatable to others.
Look at celebrities like Anna Kendrick and Christine Teigan etc. Everyone loves them because of their tweets and how real they appear.

Also, perhaps this is some way people cope with their insecurities?
Attack them before someone else does.
So if someone says 'You're fat' after you've acknowledged that, it hurts a lot lesser and that person doesn't get the satisfaction of seeing you sad. Get it???

So please, just chill, they're (mostly) jokes.. To be honest, if I'm really that insecure and self-conscious, I wouldn't be as fat as I am right now.


Life is already so hard, just lighten up a little.

No comments :

Post a Comment