Saturday, June 10, 2017

Adv: Swoosh down the Woosh!

If you've met up with me for the past week now, you'll know that I'm actually rad red.
Why? (This is when I glare at Z whenever someone asks me why I'm so burnt.)
Because someone said "Couples who burn together stay together.".
I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad one.
Fine, to be fair, Wild Wild Wet was my idea. And I didn't bring along sunblock because we were in a rush.
BUT they actually provided me with sunblock at the event. It was someone who didn't allow me to. (Shifts glare to you-know-who.)

Anyway, the we went to Wild Wild Wet last Sunday because it was the launch of Downtown East's Seeing Double campaign!
Basically, everyone can join in an attempt to set the Singapore Book of Records for the 'Largest Gathering of Dress Alike Duos'.

If you'd like to join and help us get on the Singapore Book of Records, please come by Downtown East dressed identically with a family member or friend!
In return, you'll get to enjoy double the fun for half the price at 4 hot spots at DTE - Wild Wild Wet, D'Resort, Orchird Bowl and eXplorerkid!


Click for more information.


Additionally, Downtown East is holding an Instagram contest and prizes include a staycation package!
All you have to do is take a picture of you and your 'twin' in identical outfits, upload it on to Instagram and include "SeeingDoubleSG" in your caption.
There are 3 prizes, so naturally there are 3 winners. 
Winners will be picked on how creative your photo is, so go wild and crazy!
Remember to unlock your profile and set it to public for the contest, too. 
Click the following image for fuller details like the prizes:




So a few weeks ago, Z and I were exploring the newly revamped Downtown East/E!Hub and we saw that WWW has expanded and is really huuuuuuuuge now! And I was telling him that I've never been to WWW before, and he was like 'Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat???'
Hahahahaha but I'm not embarrassed by this fact because when I was younger, I had no money!!! 
And I remember its entrance fee being expensive.
I mean it's only $20-$30, which is cheaper than Adventure Cove. But when you're a secondary school kid living on a $5/day allowance... that amount is a lot ok! 
So I always ended up going to the now-defunct Escape Theme Park, which was a cheaper alternative to WWW. So I had a legit reason, okay. Stop judgiiiiiiiing, Judy.




Anyway, since we were fans of theme parks - and water ones - plus the fact that I've never been, we made it a point for me to actually catch up on my lost childhood. Hahahaha.
By the way, there's like A LOT of cafes and restaurants at DTE now - spoilt for choices loh?!
So we - me, actually - dragged our lazy asses out of bed early in the morning to attend the event.
Before I continue further, CAN I JUST TELL YOU HOW MUCH EFFORT I PUT IN FOR THIS?!
I was at Zouk the night before and only got to bed at 6.30, which is 2 hours before the time I'm supposed to WAKE UP!!!
And if you know me, I need like 10 hours of sleep every day, otherwise I'll just be a ball of black energy, sucking up the life from every living thing within reach.
Thank god I only stay opposite DTE. Otherwise, I tell you ah, confirm no-show one.
But more importantly, I wanted to catch The Woosh!

The Woosh is an attraction at WWW that is only available in June and July and is Singapore's longest inflatable freestyle water slide.




Basically, you have to climb up to get to the top of a 4.5m slide and choose how you want to slide down the entire length of 50m.
Being a pussy, I OBVIOUSLY just sat down and slide.
IN MY DEFENCE, it looked pretty scary and steep from the top. 
I'm the kind who can take on spinning rides which make you giddy, but NOT the free fall, G-force rides. You can only imagine how many times I took the Cadbury ride at Escape last time. Hahahaha.
Z did run and went belly-down the slide and said it was pretty fun.
We wanted to try out different variations of sliding down, and I wanted to snap a video of it too, but unfortunately, the ride was closed halfway through. 

Nevertheless, we did enjoy ourselves with the other rides. 
We loved the Shiok River the most, we went on it for about 6-7 rounds?? Hahahaha. 
Other than the reason that we managed to secure a float each (did you know it's damn difficult to get one?!?!), we were also damn shagged out from the night before.
I also almost drowned in Tsunami, which is the wave pool. No thanks again, to my boyfriend.
The highlight of the day though, was Professor's Playground, which was the kids' playground.
Hahahahahaha. Whenever we go to a water theme park, we always park ourselves at the playground because we like releasing buckets full of water on people.
We did get a couple of stares and glares from kiasi parents.
But most of the kids are very gracious and will laugh it off.




We took a couple more rides like Royal Flush and soaked at the Jacuzzi before leaving because the sun was just too harsh and the queues were getting really long.. 

So if you want to drop by Wild Wild Wet, do it in the morning when there aren't that many people, and please put on sunblock!! The temperature was 37 degrees Celsius last Sunday. So take it from me when I say YOU DO NOT WANT TO GET BURNT.
I'm going to put down the rates for WWW here if you really do want to try out the temporary slide and help us set the Singapore Book of Records for the Largest Gathering of Dress Alike Duos.

Admission fees for Wild Wild Wet:

Category Off-Peak Peak Super Peak
Adult

  • Public: $20
  • NTUC Member: $14

  • Public: $26
  • NTUC Member: Receive $5 WWW Voucher

  • Public: $30
  • NTUC Member: Receive $5 WWW Voucher
Child / Senior Citizen / nEbO Member
  • Public: $14
  • NTUC Member: $10

  • Public: $19
  • NTUC Member: Receive $3 WWW Voucher

  • Public: $22
  • NTUC Member: Receive $3 WWW Voucher


Anyway, I need to end this now because I just spent like the past 4 hours doing this - I may have gotten distracted and ended up playing Mobile Legends for the past 3 hours too..
And I'm really, really tired now!!!
Before I forget, thank you Sample Store for the invite to the launch! 
As always, I'm grateful for these opportunities!
Lastly, this campaign runs until the end of July, so 快点! 
You have less than 2 months! 没有时间了!

No comments :

Post a Comment