Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Dear Rachel

You know how I said 'no long message for you' earlier on? Well, I lied. But don't get used to this. I won't be writing this every year because I'm simply too lazy. If you recall, your uncompleted 2014 birthday card is still hidden somewhere in my cupboard. Hahahahahaha.

So this is gonna be one long ass message (as long as your longwindedness) because it is an accumulation of my ❤️  for you and our 15 years of friendship. 

Anyway, Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great one on this special day of yours!

I also hope that you know how special you are. Granted, you're a crazy and weird girl, but you're also one of the kindest and most caring person I know. To the point that you get taken advantaged of. And very often to the point that I get very angry that you let people do that to you. But I guess that's what makes us so compatible - our differences. You being a believer and me being a cynic. You always seeing the glass half full and me seeing it half empty. And you being the level headed one, while me the hot tempered one. 

You always see the good in people, but you don't see the good in you. You're always so hard on yourself, that you don't realize you're better than you think you are, that your strengths are better than your weakness. So this year, I wish for you to look at yourself the way other people view you.

Lastly, I know that you like to mask your deepest thoughts with smiles and laughter. But I hope that you don't feel the need to pretend with me. 

As always, you have a friend in me, for better or for worse.

X

No comments :

Post a Comment