Thursday, May 28, 2015

Adv: Palmer’s Spray Lotion For Instant Cooling

Spent the entire day with Z at Adventure Cove yesterday!
It seemed random to go on a Wednesday, but really it's because it's the last day of the 1 for 1 promo on Wednesdays!
So we only paid $36 for 2 tickets instead of the usual $36 per ticket.
We got there really early at 10+am and managed to catch all the rides just before the crowd started pouring in!

There weren't any additions and/or changes to the place since the last time we were there, which was about 2 years back.
Unfortunately for us, the rides seemed milder compared to the first time we were there, and many of them were disappointing.
We did however, go on the Amazon River about 3-4 times, and for the full course hahahaha. It goes to show how lazy we were becoming.

Anyway, I packed with me my NIVEA Intensive Lotion with SPF25++, which I reviewed on last year (I bought another 2 more tubes), and Palmer’s Spray Lotion For Instant Cooling, which I just received from Sample Store a few days ago.





I couldn't find my sunblock so I used the NIVEA cream.
I was still red and had a slight burn, but I was really glad that I did not have an awful sunburn despite NIVEA's lotion only having an SPF of 25.
I then used Palmer's product since it consisted of Aloe Vera, and it's supposed to help with cooling.
What I loved about the product is that it is super easy to apply because it's spray on. And you don't actually have to use that much of the product, just a little will do, and you can cover a huge area.
What I'm not a huge fan of is the smell, though.
It's made from cocoa butter and aloe vera, so I kept feeling like I was covered with chocolate. Hahahaha. I was pretty affected by it, but Z kept reassuring me that it was okay.
Plus that IS the basis of this product, as well as all of Palmer's.
And since cocoa butter is a rich and natural moisturizer that leaves our skin soft and silky.
It makes even the roughest, driest areas into buttery soft skin.
Just take a look at this video, which explains this superfood for skin ingredient.




This product, as mentioned earlier, comes in a spray bottle, and is very, very easy to use.
What I like about the design of the bottle, other than it being a spray (because this means no more sticky/greasy bottles when you have to cap them on), is that there is a lock and unlock button!




I'm not sure if it's very obvious, so I've circled out the signs.



Just turn to the right to lock it, and left to unlock it.

This non-greasy formula sprays on easily, and with Palmer's RapidSorb® Technology, it allows for quick absorption, leaving skin soft and smooth with 24 hour moisturization.
It is also Paraben and Phthalate Free.

The directions for use is simple:
For best results, hold can 3-4 inches from skin and spray in a continuous motion.
Rub gently into skin.




This was after spraying it on. Like, I haven't even rubbed it into my skin yet.
The first few times using it, I always got too much out of the bottle as per their recommendation, which made it a little greasier than it was supposed to be.
I prefer to only spray a little, despite their recommendation of spraying it continuously.




This was after rubbing it in.

Sonia Sui, Taiwanese Celebrity Model cum Actress, is currently their ambassador.
Apparently, the The Fierce Wife (犀利人妻) star has been a lover of Palmer’s products!





Here's a short introduction to the Palmer's brand. I have mentioned this before, so I'm just gonna do a quick recap here.

Palmer's is an ANIMAL CRUELTY FREE brand and have been around for more than a 170 years.
Their products are pretty affordable for even someone as broke as me, and they have a large range of products for you from head to toe.
They also use natural ingredients such as Cocoa Butter (duh), Shea Butter and Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and majority of their products are free of parabens, phthalates and sulphates.

Their latest innovation would be the spray bottles - making this product a new addition to the huge Palmer's family, which uses new range of innovative moisturizing spray lotions.
It also uses a unique delivery system and Rapidsorb ® Technology which is non-aerosol based and uses NO propellants to deliver fine sprays which allow the lotions to be very quickly absorbed into the skin.
And, its super-lightweight, non-staining and non-greasy which allows you to get dressed in a jiffy!
It is crafted especially for use “on the go”, as I mentioned earlier with the lock/unlock function.

You can now get Palmer’s Rapid Moisture Spray Lotion for Instant Cooling at Watsons, Guardian, Fairprice, BHG, Robinsons, John Little and leading cosmetic stores @ S$17.90 for the 200g bottle.

WHAT I LOVE ABOUT IT AND WHAT I DON'T

Okay, so this product actually really does what it does, though I was hoping to feel the cooling effect which I didn't.
So that was a huge disappointment.
Maybe it's supposed to just cool down your skin (at least it did for me), and not have the cooling effect.
When I read the name of the product, I was fully expecting it to have the cooling effect, but it absolutely didn't.
However, it did clear up my sunburn overnight, which was great because usually only Aloe Vera gel does that.
But it really did clear up my sunburn overnight lah?!
That was like really impressive because usually only Aloe Vera gel works for me.
So it goes to show that this product really does have sufficient Aloe Vera, so much that it cures my sunburn.
Anyway, what I've learnt, I mentioned this earlier, is to not spray so much of it on at once.
The first few times using it, I did as per they instructed, which is to spray continuously.
However, I realised that just made my arms and shoulders REALLY greasy, and slower absorption.
So, I've decided to ignore their recommendation, and just spray on a little, and it worked!
My arm is now (like, now. Since I just sprayed it on for the picture above) not greasy, but moisturised. The absorption rate was MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better.
I did not have to rub my arm for like 50 over times and the lotion could still be seen on my arm, instead, all I did was rub it for less than 10 times and voila! It's gone!
But anyway, the reason why I doubt that I would not get the product, is because of the smell, which I really, really dislike.
I mean, I like chocolate. I LOOOVE eating chocolate, but not have it on me.
It's totally different!
It does, I shan't say grow on you, but it does smell better, though. I guess I got used to it and now it's not THAT bad.
But yesterday when I first applied it, I thought it was Horrible. Yes, with a capital H.
I was soooooo self-conscious about myself I wanted to rinse it off immediately.
But Z said that the smell was okay and it was understandable that it would smell like chocolate since it was made from cocoa butter. Hahaha oh well. I'm still not a fan of it as of now. And I'm still disappointed that it isn't cooling like it claims to be.
Otherwise, I feel that it really does deliver what it claims.

No comments :

Post a Comment