Friday, March 23, 2018

Adv: J&J Hair Identity

ISTG I've said this in my previous post, but this blog is only survived by SS reviews these days lol
This time round, it wasn't a product that I was sponsored, but a service!
It's a first for me, because most of the services that are offered aren't to my liking or suitable for me.
Anyway, this time it was for something that I really, really needed.
A HAIR COLOURING SERVICE.
Why I say I really need it, was because the last time I did my hair at the salon was moooonths ago.
I didn't have the time to do my hair before CNY that I resorted buying the Liese Bubble hair dye..
And also, my hair was suuuuper long, and it can't hold onto any colour for long, so it was really not worth it to dye my hair.
So obviously I jumped at the opportunity when SampleStore contacted me to ask if I was interested to do this.

Anyway, it was a new salon called J&J Hair Identity located at Katong Square. It's a relatively new mall in Katong/Joo Chiat/East Coast area, but a little too quiet.
The salon was nicely renovated and decorated as well, and not like the other salons that I've been to. Here, it was more spacious and welcoming.


To be honest, I was a little afraid and hesitant before the appointment. Because I haaaaate it when people try to sales talk me. But surprisingly, there was none???
I mean I did buy something from them, but that was on my own accord and I'm always on the prowl for good hair products.
My appointment was at 12pm, so I didn't have my lunch before that.
The director, Shine, who also did my hair that day was soon sweet, ISTG.
He found out and bought me toast from Killiney. WHY SO SWEET!!


Anyway, I didn't really have a colour I wanted in mind, so I just said what every hairdressers' favourite client would say, 'Anything loh. Nice can already.'. Hahahah for real, I didn't mind any colour, so long as it looked good on me, and makes me look good.
After taking a look at the condition of my hair, Shine decided that it'll be best to not bleach my hair, since it was already bleached before.
Also, my hair had a tinge of red from my previous dye job, so he concluded that it'll be good to give me a reddish-violet colour with some very mild highlights.
To be honest, even though I mentioned that I didn't mind any colour, I was still very scared when he suggested red. Because what if it's sooo bright it looks very auntie?! I will die sia!!
But in the end I was like, 'You know what? Screw it, let's just do this! And meanwhile just cut off all the dead parts of my hair.'
So I ended up cutting off 6 inches...
No regrets tho! My hair is much lighter and looks a thousand times healthier!
The process was pretty simple and straight-forward: Cut > Dye > Wash > Treatment > Dry > Style.
Before

After

The after damn chio riiiiiight?!
And it was sooo satisfying to see the dead ends being cut off! If you look closely, you'll see that the top is darker than the bottom. 


And this is how it looks like under white light and curled and styled by Shine.
The balayage/ombre is more obvious in this photo, and I actually think it's really pretty, despite my initial fears!

The brand of the hair dye is Natulique and it claims to only use certified organic ingredients.



I know what you're thinking, like, 'Meh, every hair salon in Singapore claims that their hair dye is ammonia free and doesn't damage your hair, yada-yada.'
But the thing is, I really feel that my hair wasn't damaged after colouring. Even my friends have said that my hair looks much healthier now.
You may think that it was the Argan oil treatment that they did for me, but even 2 weeks after that, my hair is still in the same - or even better - condition than it was before my visit.
So anyway, Natulique doesn't only do hair dyes, but also organic hair care products, whiiiiiich, I bought..


This is a leave-on hair cream which you use after washing your hair when it's still wet.
I haven't tried it yet because I'm still using my current one which is from Japan.
But I bought this without Shine even promoting it was because the condition of my hair is really bad that I need to use leave-on treatment cream for it to survive.
This one is actually made in Denmark and smells really good, so I'm actually quite excited to start on this.
It's a little expensive tho.. It's $42, whereas my current one is only $28.. So I hope it's worth it!

So if you're feeling up to a pampering session, take a look at what colours they have, make an appointment and drop by:
J&J Hair Identity
Katong Square
#02-11
Singapore 423371
Tel: 6344 2388
Website: https://www.hair-identity.sg/home 
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HAIR.IDENTITY.JJ/

Also, if you feel like you need more reviews or to hear from others, visit Sample Store's website here to see what my fellow seeders have to say!

No comments :

Post a Comment