Friday, July 3, 2015

Adv: Hiruscar Post Acne Gel

I have been pushing back the publication of this advertorial because I felt like it wouldn't be an accurate depiction of the effects of the product and... well, you'll know why in my review. But it has been long past the deadline, so I shall just do this.

Today I bring to you Hiruscar Post Acne.




Anyway, it is pretty evident that I have bad skin.
So bad that I have to use BB cream and powder foundation to cover up my pimples and uneven skin tone.
My skin is especially worse just before my period, and during.
Well now I'm in the middle of the end and beginning of my period, so I guess now would be an appropriate time to do this.

Anyway, this product, Hiruscar Post Acne, is a gel which helps to treat post acne scars and dark marks. It has a unique formulation with 3-in-1 scar clear benefits and is clinically proven to treat sunken scars. It comes as a squeeze tube with a thin nozzle, so you don't have to be afraid that you will squeeze out too much and waste the product.



Benefits

It:

  1. Lightens dark marks
  2. Improves / smoothens depressed pimple scars
  3. May prevent pimple occurrence

Important Features

Hypoallergenic and Alcohol free
Hypoallergenic is a pretty big word, but it simply stands for 'relatively unlikely to cause an allergic reaction'. So there you go, it means that it does not irritate your skin.
And since Hiruscar Post Acne is alcohol-free, it means that you won't feel the stinging and/or biting feeling you may get when you use other products which contains alcohol.

Contains anti-bacterial agent
One of the ingredients in this product, is Pionin.
Pinion is an anti-bacterial agent, that helps prevent acne recurrence.

Fast absorbing clear scar gel 
Since it is a clear gel, it means that you can just wear it out without fearing that other people can see it, unlike many other skin products. Even though other products are usually beige in colour, they may still be visible because not everyone's skin tone is the same. For this product, you don't have to worry because this is transparent.



Suitable for Oily and Acne Prone Skin & Does not contain alcohol
The fact that it is gel makes it suitable for oily and acne prone skin
This is quite obvious because if you're using oil-based lotion, people (like me) who have oily and are acne prone are not suited for it.

Non-Comedogenic
This means that Hiruscar Post Acne Gel does not clog pores.
This means quite a few things.
Firstly, as mentioned above, it is suitable for oily and acne prone skin. 
Because if you are susceptible to acne and pimples, and if you're using a product which may clog pores, you will have new pimples popping out. Quite self-explanatory actually.
And secondly, you can use it under your make-up. (See point 1 again)

Directions

Apply 2-3 times a day, in the morning and before bedtime. Use after toner/softener and before moisturiser. Always wash hands before and after use.

Where to Buy

If you're a 15-24 male or female, and you're interested in this product, you can get it at Watsons, Guardian, Unity, independent pharmacies and even polyclinics at only $22.90 for the 10ml tube, which is the one I have.

Review

Okay so we've reached the part which I dread the most...
I guess this is also the reason why I have been procrastinating.
Okay simply because, the product didn't work for me.
Like, I'm not sure if I can say at all? But it didn't prevent more acne from appearing.
I did in fact, have new pimples occurring.
However, I don't know for sure if it was because of the product, or simply just a natural occurrence.
But just that, the claim of preventing acne recurrence did not apply to me.

Okay before I launch into anything else, I would like to comment more on the product.
I felt that the product was very mild - I did not feel any burning sensation even after applying it to my entire face. lol.
But its claim of fast absorption, again, did not happen to me.
However, it wasn't a big deal because I applied it just before I sleep, so it didn't really affect me.
However, when I woke up the next morning, my face would appear very oily.
I guess it means two things - that one, my skin simply did not absorb the product, and two, the item really did not clog up my pores as it said and that's why my face felt like how it usually felt when I woke up - oily, because I had oily skin.

Now back to its main effect which is the scar clearing 'power'...
I didn't see my scars clearing. Bam. There I said it.
So... you can understand why I have not written this earlier.
Because it is difficult for me to write an advertorial for something which did not work for me, nor do I believe in.
Nonetheless, I have been applying this gel on and off, not as frequently as I should, but I still do, to see if you know, it may work just a little. I will update definitely again if I do see a change.
I don't think I will be posting a before and after picture because I don't think it will help anything.
So yup, there you go!

1 comment :