Tuesday, October 6, 2015

There are no happy endings. Even in make believes.

As I'm curled up in my bed, I think of the series that I loved and connected with - Twilight and The Hunger Games.
I'm on my next one - Delirium.
I just completed the first installation and as I read the second, I feel a pang of sadness. Not because I'm halfway through the series, but because so many stories just simply don't turn out the way I want.

Especially if they're being made into shows and films.

I'm a huge fan of THG, but even then, I realised that I hated the ending of the book.
It left me raw and I did not get that sense of closure I felt that I deserved.
Yet, I can't stop looking forward to the last film that will be released in November.
On the other hand, I thought Twilight ended perfectly the way I envisioned it to be. But the movie was a huge disgrace.
It made me feel embarrassed for even having read the book way before the film was set.

And then I realized, that's the beauty, and the ugliness of reading fiction.
They let you create your own stories and pictures in your mind that can never be replicated perfectly.
The characters that I've built in my mind, no other actor or actress can represent - no matter how they look or how well they act.

This makes me sad because even while we try to escape from reality, the world of fantasy and make believe can never be real and perfect.

No comments :

Post a Comment